c-IM&E Inc. (Competitive Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship)
The Problem: Corporate Innovation Management
- thoroughly understand the company culture;
- know the competitive situation in the market;
- be able to diagnose what works and what does not work in the company;
- have an effective system for gathering the right ideas to be pursued as corporate innovations;
- gather the necessary resources internally or externally through well managed collaborations;
- manage the corporate portfolio of innovations with the right the right metrics to ensure satisfactory progress; and
- ensure innovations lead to higher corporate value and competitive advantages in the market.
- help a company’s leadership understand the role of innovation and the principles for managing it effectively;
- stretch the executive mindsets, and challenge the executives to accurately define their company’s business models and its position in the market;
- help executives agree on what really matters to sustain business growth or avoid decline;
- instruct executives and align their focus on competitive imperatives and help them select the innovation strategies and specific programs that need to be pursued;
- indicate where changes must be made to the way that innovation is managed in the company;
- help leverage the power of HR and corporate communications to create and maintain a culture of entrepreneurship;
- show executives what works and what does not, allowing them to make timely adjustments for ensuring high returns on their corporate innovation investments.
The Competitive Value Innovation Guide is meant to act as this type of tool for a company’s leadership.